Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ready, Get Set, Have a Homebrew...

We are contemplating the next brew after moving our home late last month. I see a house with a lot of potential on the homebrewing front, but I need to get back into the homebrewing rhythm. I did get one new part for the home brewery, a used 6.5 gallon glass carboy from my dad on our last visit to their house. It was given to him from a neighbor who used to make wine. From the looks of it, it hasn’t seen much use in the last few years.

I have my checklist to get ready for the first batch in the new digs.


1 Check plumbing to make sure I have the right fittings for my wort chiller.
2 Do a quick average temperature reading in the basement to see if I need to stabilize fermenting temps.
3 Take an inventory of my ingredients and cleaning supplies before my next trip to the LBS.
4 Finish off the last of the Dubbel Trubbel (not necessary, just fun)
5 Get cracking.

No comments: